I was fortunate to be one of the chosen 8 for SANA's 4th sampling event. All I had to do was explain in an email as to why I should be chosen to review Morning Kiss Skin Care Base SPF30 PA+++ Simple, y/y? This is where persuasive skills takes precedence. Ahem.
The parcel arrived on October 30th. Boo. That left me with approximately a week to test out Morning Kiss and write an unbiased review before I leave for my trip. I have been wearing this daily so this is as real as it gets.
Morning Kiss is marketed as a skin care cum makeup base. It comes in a 60 ml pump bottle and retails at SGD29.90/ JPY1500. At first glance, I was drawn to the kawaii packaging - font, colors and design (hearts and kissy lips!)
The back of the bottle. Only 'MADE IN JAPAN' looks familiar to me!
What it claims :
- Suitable for all skin types
- Natural pink tint and treatment effect
- Beautifying, firming and moisturizing effects
- Say ByeBye to problems (Wrinkles, outbreaks & discoloration)
- Even tone
- Brighten complexion
- Contains vitamin B12, light diffusing pearl, coffee extract, tomato extract and artichoke leaf extract
- Acts as a primer (makeup base)
![]()
Put to the test: I used 1-2 pumps of Morning Kiss after cleansing my face. It is of a light pink milky consistency and spreads easily. Application is quick (seen below).
![]() |
![]() |
| Click on image for bigger (scary) picture |
Generally, my skin concerns would be redness on my cheeks and around nose,
I have used Morning Kiss on it's own for a natural finish and also with loose powder. Either way, I have seen brightening effects in my complexion. My face had this dewy glow minutes into application. I could also feel soothing and moisturizing effects when I gently pat it into my skin. Did I mentioned about the lingering floral scent? Luxurious pampering.
However, it did not do much in diminishing redness around nose area - click on above image for (clearer) depiction of before and after! It barely covered the redness on cheeks either and did nothing much for dark eye circles. IMO Morning kiss works best when applied with loose powder -at least overall redness and slight imperfections were covered. Or with BB cream and done!
Pros:
- Comes in a pump bottle - no mess or wastage and hygienic
- All in one - primer, moisturizer, SPF and lightweight makeup
- Brightens complexion
Cons:
What I say:
There's better products out there for that price. I wished Morning Kiss had worked better for me! It is more of a moisturizing primer (than the claimed cover imperfections and even skin tone) and truth be told, I'd rather stick to Perfectionist [CP+] serum since it's functioning as a good matte makeup primer or even Hadanomy aquaplacenta cream that works better as a moisturizer and primer. Plus, with BB cream, everything is simpler and faster since it can be used as highlighter, primer, moisturizer, foundation, concealer and even facial sunscreen. Striking Morning Kiss off my to-buy list!
Credits to SANA for their generosity in sending me this for review purpose.
- Does not conceal discolorations/marks/scars
- Does not even out tone
- For the price of SGD 29.90, I'd expect it to do at least three quarter of its claims (wipe out wrinkles? seriously? Not that I have any-yet. But still.)
What I say:
There's better products out there for that price. I wished Morning Kiss had worked better for me! It is more of a moisturizing primer (than the claimed cover imperfections and even skin tone) and truth be told, I'd rather stick to Perfectionist [CP+] serum since it's functioning as a good matte makeup primer or even Hadanomy aquaplacenta cream that works better as a moisturizer and primer. Plus, with BB cream, everything is simpler and faster since it can be used as highlighter, primer, moisturizer, foundation, concealer and even facial sunscreen. Striking Morning Kiss off my to-buy list!
Credits to SANA for their generosity in sending me this for review purpose.






Nice & detailed review!
ReplyDelete:) thank you.
DeleteIt does manage to give a nice dewy look like a tinted moisturizer.. nice post ^.*
ReplyDeleteYup, add beach waves curls and it'll be perfect!
Delete