November 22, 2012

Bausch & Lomb HD SofLens Daily Disposables : Review

I'm back! Survived two weeks of visiting relatives and friends in India and Sri Lanka with a 13 month old and all I wanna do now is hibernate. Tired would be an understatement. We went to quite a few cities in Tamil Nadu and even managed to survive a 12 hour drive to Munnar, a hill station in Kerala, south-west region of India on the Malabar coast. Then a stopover in Colombo, Sri Lanka, for a day trip. Thankful to dear hubby for making the trip a reality ♥ More on the vacay later!

All the sight-seeing wouldn't be made possible without my trusty pairs of contact lenses. I alternated between Barbie Puffy 3 Tones in Grey and Bausch & Lomb HD SofLens Daily Disposables during my vacation.

Touted as the first and only daily disposables with High Definition Optics that offers all day outstanding vision, Bausch & Lomb HD SofLens Daily Disposables provides rich contrast and vivid colour, crisp clear vision in low light condition and reduces the appearance of halos and glare.



Prior to the trip, I had registered for free five pairs of Bausch & Lomb HD SofLens Daily Disposables and contact lens consultation. I opted to redeem the complementary contact lenses at Better Vision (Compass Point outlet) and was pretty impressed by the service of the optician. No hard-selling and it took less than 15 minutes for the contact lens consultation that comprised of eye check, lens care and recommendation. There was no contact lens training - insertion and removal since I have been using these medical devices for almost eleven years.


SoftLens® Daily Disposables 
Manufacturer:  B&L
Material: Hilafilcon B 
Water Content: 59%
Diameter: 14.2mm
Base Curve: 8.6mm


Pros:
  • No disinfecting of lens needed
  • Clearer crisp vision
  • Non-drying nor irritation even after 9 hours of wear (Two connecting flights and on the road)
  • Convenient for travel

Cons:
  • Difficult to put on at first (dailies are softer than monthly or yearly lens)
  • Pricey (a quick google shows about USD1/SGD2 for a pair of lens, a year would run into hundreds)


What I say:

It was really difficult to put them on and even worse taking it out as it's much softer than my usual yearly lenses. I couldn't even feel the lens in my eyes and took a while getting used to clear contact lens all over again!

Notwithstanding the little hiccups with lens insertion and removal, I really love these Bausch & Lomb HD SofLens Daily Disposables. I get clearer and sharp vision(clarity and enhanced contrast compared to other lenses) at all times and I adore the hassle-free aspects of daily disposables that require no cleaning, storage, or care. Simply wear them for a day and dispose! Very convenient during overseas travelling and those days when you just want to head home and snooze in under three minutes - that's what I did : remove lens, cleanse face, change into PJs and Zzzz.

Will definitely purchase and stock up Soflens dailies in the near future but I'll be saving 'em for vacations and important events. For day-to-day usage, I still have my pair of geeky spectacles and cosmetics lens to fall back on :)


Credits to Bausch + Lomb for the free trial of Bausch & Lomb HD SofLens Daily Disposables.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Belle, nice to see you after so many days.:)
    i have used B & L, a lot:)
    They were the first contact lenses brand that i tried, very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Niesha♥ I agree! Comfort is exceptional :)

      Delete
  2. I've always wntd to try daily disposable lenses but they r super expensive here in india! Nice review! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time on your trip to india and sri lanka, would love to visit one day!

    We're currently holding an international giveaway on our blog if your interested!

    Sita & Radha xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete